Plein Air at Bing's Landing 2013

  We arrived (no, not by kayak!) at Bings with our painting paraphernalia at around 9:45.  With temps in the 90's all week, we were expecting a brutally hot day, but were surprised by a nice breeze blowing thru the pavilion! We had shade, scenery, cool air, picnic tables and a BBQ Chicken aroma from next door! There were just three of us, but it's always nice to have company when you paint, and that was just fine!
Packing for plein air is always a challenge for me, and it changes with the medium of choice! So today, I decided on oils, as did Dale, and Flo travels light with an enviable small package for her watercolor painting...doesn't even use an easel!! Well, for some reason I remembered most of what I needed that day..water...camera....something to snack on. I remember being so thankful once when Dale had an extra rag on hand..Another time I forgot my brushes!!! Well, I guess it happens to the best of us, and Dale came well prepared with her oil painting luggage, but forgot to pack something to paint on!...so now I don't feel so bad..She did bring her bicycle painting though! and all I can say is...it rocks!!! take a look!
Brush strokes packed with movement! Can you feel the energy?!


Love the subtle water reflections in Flo's WC!


Well no, it wasn't the paint fumes!!

And we weren't giddy from exhaustion!!


Nothing but H2O in this bottle!! Just no explanation!

Inspired by the color in Dale's bicycle painting, I had to add some interest in mine!
Here's one walkway I've yet to explore! Maybe next time! There's just no end to perfect locations! The hidden treasure is in the wooded scenes like this..just waiting for a paintbrush!


Who's that behind those Foster Grants!! 
Flo travels light, with just the bare essentials!  We're thinking Herschel King next time??any other suggestions are welcome.!!!